- Chai Affogato
This is a quick, yet elevated chai based dessert that's full of warm spice and creamy texture. It's a classic twist to the classic Affogato with espresso; where we use our popular Vintage Chai or Masala Chai as a chai concentrate. This non-caffeinated, herbal tea has 15 organic spices that is carefully crafted and adaptable to almost any recipe. Serving the chai affogato in chilled glasses is perfect for hot days. Each sip is truly a warm and unforgettable experience.
• 1 tea bag or teaspoon (2.5-5g depending on strength) of Vintage Chai or Masala Chai
• 1 cup (220mL) of water
• 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream or vegan alternative
• Optional: dash of Bourbon for a spiked dessert
1) Make the chai concentrate by boiling water in a small saucepan over high. Remove from heat and add our Vintage Chai or Masala Chai tea bag or loose leaf tea. Steep for 5 mins.
2) Add one scoop of ice cream or vegan alternative into a chilled glass cup.
3) Remove tea from water, then pour tea over ice cream. Serve immediately.