- Vegan Tea-Infused Cupcakes with Vanilla Rose Frosting
These Vegan Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and infused with our Rose Falooda Tea Blend, then topped with a dairy free vanilla rose frosting.
For the cupcakes -
• 1 tea bag Rose Falooda White Tea Blend
• 1 cup non-dairy milk
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup raisins and/or pistachios
For the frosting (optional) -
• 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
• 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
• 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and rose extract
1) Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees and line a cupcake holder with 12 paper cupcake liners.
2) In a large bowl, add the non-dairy milk, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and the brewed tea liquor. Divide batter evenly among cupcake holders, filling 3/4 of the way up.
3) Bake for 30 mins or until the toothpick or skewer at the centre comes out clean.
4) For the frosting - combine all the ingredients in a food processor and beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar gradually until the frosting mixture becomes thick. Add frosting to the cupcakes before serving.